28 September 2024

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows:

news "alice guo"
news "sara duterte"
news “quiboloy”
and I get these results: 300,000 for Alice Guo, 324,000 for Sara Duterte, and an astounding 11,400,000 for Quiboloy!

For "poor filpino farmers" I get only 31,000 results – almost 10 times less than Guo, 11 times less than Sara, and 40 times less than Quiboloy. The message I get is that Pinoy Media are very much interested in the sensational, and hardly interested in Filipino farmers who find life always challenging them – And there are 3 million of them!

Why are Pinoy Media not mediating for our 3 million Filipino farmers?
(bottom image from timetoast.com)

(1)   Not understanding agriculture is not a good reason – Pinoy Media should be able to understand what is poverty.

(2)   Not understanding the reasons for Farmer Poverty – instead, that should be an excellent reason for Pinoy Media to search for understanding!

(3)   Not knowing that there are 3 million Filipino farmers who are poor – all the more reason Pinoy Media should find out more!

All the numbers tell me the media are very much interested in the sensational and not much interested in the downtrodden.

The image above, from youtube.com, says:

Her FATHER is crying too!
Heck, her mother and brother are crying as well!
Crying because of poverty.

Don’t tell me the girl in the image does not look poor – you don’t have to look poor if you are poor.

Actually, 3 million poor Filipino farmers are not only 3 million – if each one has 3 other members in the family, then there are 9 million poor family members among poor Filipino farmers!

In any case, I write persistently about those poor farming families because I know that farming does not need to cause poverty and in fact can give rise to healthy and wealthy Filipino families!

The single & primary reason Filipino farmers are poor is that they practice Chemical Agriculture (CA); CA is Very High Costs and Very Low Returns (VHC-VLR). I insist that our farmers practice instead Regenerative Agriculture (RA); RA is Very Low Costs-Very High Returns (VLC-VHR)!

That’s the plain economics that I know about Filipino farming. I am an agriculturist (BSA major in Ag Educ, UP Los Baños 1965) – and that’s enough economics for me! The economics of farming of those 9 million Filipinos is bad enough for them!

So, what are our Pinoy Media waiting for in order to serve the poor Filipino farmers? No, I do not suggest that they practice negative journalism – their journalism must be what I call “THiNK! Journalism” that goes like this:

Is it True? If True,
is it Helpful? If Helpful,
is it Inspiring? If Inspiring,
is it Necessary? If Necessary,
is it Kind? THiNK!

Pinoy Media, THiNK! Journalism should make you think! Pinoy Media, I don’t mean for you to follow exactly my thinking, but I beg you to fight for those 3 million poor Filipino farmers – Beginning Now, Today!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...