29 September 2024

“Happy Farmer’s Day” – A Digital Magazine I Would Love Publishing, Dedicated To 3 Million Filipino Farmers In Poverty, To Help Bring About Their Prosperity

Here I am 11 days after my birthday (17-09-24), planning to do the writing, editing, and desktop publishing; I’m planning to be The Editor In Chief of a magazine for 3 million poor Filipino farmers: “Happy Farmer’s Day” (slogan: “Helping each farmer find joy daily”). Huh? Farmers finding joy daily – Impossible! Ah, the magazine will teach them extreme economics in agriculture, i.e., Very Low Costs-Very High Returns (VLC-VHR) farming. 
(image from vecteezy.com)

I have been myself a creative writer for 50 years now. Specially, I taught myself digital skills starting Innocents’ Day 1985. I started blogging in 2000; I have since blogged at least 50,000 essays since that year, starting with WordPress.com; I am now using Blogger.com. That tells you how passionate I am in my creative writing, which I now dedicate to Filipino farmers, especially the poor 3 million. You can say my first love is writing, which I started cultivating in high school yet reading the Reader’s Digest in Asingan, Pangasinan in the early 1950s.

I have the credentials, and the commitment, but I don’t have the cash. I am income-less right now, in fact for the last 10 years at least, sustained only in living by my children; so, I have to look for financing for that digital magazine – to start with, at least PhP 100,000. I will have one of my daughters as assistant, as right now I have bad ears.

“Happy Farmer’s Day” – The name signifies what it is all about –
happy for the work, manual & mechanical,
happy for the easy planting,
happy for the easy caring
happy for the heavy harvests,
happy for the healthy foods that those heavy harvests bring,
happy for the high incomes that result, and
happy for the villages that will now enjoy farming!

I decide to google for “Happy Farming” and I find only this, in Google Play; it’s a game (play.google.com):

“Happy Farming: Farm City Mania

“Dive into the best agricultural simulation games that will provide endless fun and immersive agrarian experiences. Build a profitable farm and enjoy your daily life!

“Have you ever found yourself curious about the life of a farmer? This game will give you the answer.

“Step into the shoes of a hard-working farmer, care for your animals, save and process, and sell to make money to feed your farm. Prepare to be busy as you have lots of fun and excitement!”

In the Philippines, if you haven’t heard, there are 3,000,000 (3 million) Filipino farmers who are officially classified as “poor” – and I know that that is not because they are lazy! It is because their farming is expensive: Very High Costs-Very Low Returns (VHC-VLR). To get those farmers out of poverty, they should practice farming that is described as Very Low Costs-Very High Returns (VLC-VHR)  - the very opposite of VHC-VLR.

The name of that kind of farming? Regenerative Agriculture. You regenerate the farm, you regenerate the farmer.@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Happy Farmer’s Day” – A Digital Magazine I Would Love Publishing, Dedicated To 3 Million Filipino Farmers In Poverty, To Help Bring About Their Prosperity

Here I am 11 days after my birthday (17-09-24), planning to do the writing, editing, and desktop publishing; I’m planning to be The Editor I...