16 June 2024

This Father Is A Roman Catholic, Thus Twice Is His Delight That A Sunday Is Father’s Day And God The Father’s Day

This father is a Roman Catholic, thus twice is his delight that a Sunday is “Father’s Day” and “God The Father’s Day.” (We should attend mass – but God knows I can’t because I have bad ears and an ailing feet, among other human troubles. Not to forget, I thank God every single day for the blessings.)

On 21 Sept 2019, I wrote “Frank A Hilario Teaches Thinking – Because You Are Not!” where you find the above image (“Ammom, Pilipinas,” blogspot.com). This father has always been teaching thinking for yourself.

I’m happy I will soon be exactly 84. Here’s an intellectual game I invented: On my birthday, an entire municipality in Luzon will celebrate with a beauty contest and a community parade, among other celebrations. You have not heard of a whole town celebrating during someone’s birthday, have you? Now you have!

About Father’s Day: I remember one time, when we had only about 5 children, my wife demanded: “Magpa-vasectomy ka!” My instant reply was: “Over my dead penis!” Ampy was not joking – neither was I.

So, here we are, a family of 13 children:

01, Tina, 14 February 1968
02, Jomar, 27 August 1969
03, Dida, 06 February 1971
04, Jay, 11 April 1972
05, Techie, 27 July 1973
06. Cynthia, 08 April 1976
07, July, 02 July 1977
08, Jenny, 06 August 1979
09, Ernie (+), 22 May 1981
10, Daph, 21 December 1983
11, Neens, 20 January 1985
12, Edwin (?), 06 April 1988
13, Ela, 13 June 1990.

Necessary Clue: My wife comes from a family of 12 children, the Gabriel & Remedios Reynosos – we the Dionisio & Sixta Hilarios were only 3.

3 of our children (Neenah, Edwin & Ela) attended the Cahbriba Alternative School founded by husband & wife Doc Ciel Habito and Pilar Relova based on the Multiple Intelligences (MI) theory of Harvard Professor Howard Gardner. To help grow Cahbriba and the schoolers, I brainchilded a request submitted to the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), which granted PhP2 M, if I remember right.

Elsewhere, I have also been very productive. I have blogged at least 40,000 essays since 24 years ago. I have been happy with Blogger.com where you are reading this (Communication For Development Of Vibrant Villages, blogspot.com).

Decades ago, I became a published writer, thanks to Pete Bueno who took me into the Forest Research Institute (FORI, now ERDB). At FORI, I fathered 3 publications: monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat. Those 3 publications helped make FORI a respected name in forestry.

Those FORI years were typewriter-driven. Since 24 years ago, my current preoccupation is digital communication: writing, editing, desktop publishing, blogging. All those modern skills I taught myself – well, I graduated from the UP College Of Agriculture (now UPLB) with a teacher’s degree: BSA major in Ag Edu, and I passed the very first Teacher’s Exam (no reviewers yet) with a grade of 80.6% in 1964. I say, the mantra is: “Teacher, teach yourself!”

And: “Father, congratulate yourself!”@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...