18 June 2024

Go Explore The Digital World, Once-Young Man! It’s Almost Free, And You Will Feel Most Free!

I will soon be a happy 84 (happy image from r.search.yahoo.com). Since 1991, I have been visiting every single day a happy place undiscovered by millions of retirees aged between 65 and 95 – The Digital World.

Retired. How to live happily in the digital world? After watching movies, after talking with friends via the Internet? Explore the digital universe, not to mention the minds of men already recorded here, there and everywhere. Yes, you can be sharing their ideas, sharing your ideas.

For the good of all,
not for the bad of some!
The greatest good is Love, and that is what I have been sharing in my blogs.

Love has many shades: You agree. You correct gently. You expand the horizon of someone. You present a different view without mentioning what You disagree with, and without insulting someone.

No, I have not always been kind to people I disagree with. But I have learned my lesson – if you believe you are right, why do you have to insult people whom you believe are wrong?!

You are not a writer? You can write short pieces and share them on Facebook. Lovelier with image/s. Ask a friend to help you put in an image or two.

Look into your inner world and decide which ones encourage you, inspire you, make you happier. Those are the things that you should be going after in the digital world especially when feeling low.

You think the Internet is only for Facebook hounds like them and bloggers like me – think better! Yes, the digital world is for everyone who can press a PC keyboard, no exceptions.

Nobody told me to go blogging, but it changed my intellectual life for the better. I have been blogging in the last 24 years, since 2000, while illustrating my articles mostly with my own photographs collected over the years.

After high school, 1957, I learned to type via the kindness of my cousin Luciana Gaño-Llamas. When I was already teaching high school in our town, Asingan, Pangasinan, I ordered by mail a portable Corona typewriter. In other words, I had already at that time decided that I would be a writer the rest of my life. (God, I’d like to spend the rest of my life blogging until I am 111, please!)

A very wide reader in high school yet in the early 1950s, little did I know that the digital world would come along – and I would become a denizen there! Today, I blog every so often. At this time, I probably have blogged 50,000 essays of different lengths, the shortest being 517 words, like this one, including the title. (517 is Frank A Hilario.)

You, retiree you, you can begin with Facebook. Everyday, I scan the pages of & faces on Facebook. You can post about almost anything – ask someone to teach you how to include an image or two. You will love it!

“Happy Retirement” should mean travelling the world of the Internet. Thank God for Facebook!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...