01 January 2024

My New Year’s Resolution – One Commandment To Self To Carry Out The Ten Commandments Of God: “Be Kind, Always.” The Revolution To End All Revolutions? I Hope

I am a Filipino and Roman Catholic. Today, Monday, 01 Jan 2024. Turning 83 Sept 17, I say, to celebrate The New Year, 2024, I have been thinking of One Commandment To Self to remember and carry out from now on The Ten Commandments of the Christian God. And it is:

One commandment to self"Always, Be Kind" (A,BK). “Elementary, my dear Watson!” For me, A,BK is the new ABC.
(“Be Kind” from theyogahub.ie/, “In A World” from freepik.com)

No, it does not matter if you are not Roman Catholic – my wife Ampy and I have children who subscribe to other religious beliefs. The Sacred Heart Catholic Church of Palestine, Texas says (shpalestine.org):

What are the Ten Commandments? The Catholic Ten Commandments are a summary of "the conditions of a life freed from the slavery of sin" (Catechism, 2057).

They must be understood in relation to the "Law of Love." Love of God and love of neighbor summarize all of Catholic morality. The Law of Love is also the first principle and source of the moral law. It contains "all the law and the prophets" (Mt 22:40).

To carry out “The Law of Love,” from now on I will be all the time
all smiles
compassionate
forgiving
happy to let go of hurt
happy to oblige where I can
liking everyone despite everything
releasing someone from guilt feelings on me
unconditional
understanding
unselfish.

Is this “The Love Revolution Revised”?

Joyce Meyer published her radical book “The Love Revolution” (hardcover) on 22 Sept 2009; her publisher Amazon says (amazon.com):

Joyce Meyer is not satisfied with the status quo. She believes that we each need to become a revolutionary and practice love every day. And if Joyce has her way, the revolution will spread – person by person, house by house, town by town, until the old culture of selfishness and greed gives way to a new culture of concern for others.

The book is a revolutionaries' manual, a hands-on primer for bringing the Golden Rule to life in the twenty-first century…

Love Revolution focuses on personal behavior on the local scale. It's not just a call to action; it is a call to being: being the person who goes out of your way to encourage someone who's out of hope; being the one who smiles at a stranger; being the one who is willing to do something for nothing. The paradox: when we do something for nothing, what we often get is something far greater.

“We must practice love every day.”

I will call mine “The Kindness Revolution.” I must practice kindness everyday. Ashleigh Brilliant says, “Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most.”

So, my New Year’s Resolution is: “Always, Be Kind.” I’m praying that with this my One Commandment To Self, I will in fact carry out the Roman Catholic-accepted “Ten Commandments of God.”

Also, I’m praying, “The Kindness Revolution is The Revolution That Will End All Revolutions!”@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...