25 August 2024

National Scientist Romulo Davide – “There Are No Barren Soils, Only Barren Minds.” FAH – “PhilRice, My ‘Re-Invented’ Rotavator Will Show You Exactly That!

Today, Saturday, 24 Aug 2024, I came out with this article, “My Challenge To PhilRice Los Baños – To Reduce Labor & Increase Yield, Let’s You & FAH & SRO Conduct A Field Demo In 1 Ha With An Original Ilocano Formula Using The Rotavator!” (Communication For Development Of Vibrant Villages, blogspot.com).

Not waiting for a response, I want to strike while the iron is hot – especially that I just discovered this, from Iya Gozum (title edited): “Dr Romulo Davide: ‘There Are No Barren Soils, Only Barren Minds’” (23 Aug 2024, Rappler, rappler.com).
(image from
graymatte.rs/blog)

Soils, minds. Why my extraordinary interest? Because Filipino farmers, always treating their soils as barren, are always applying 1 or 2 kinds of chemical fertilizers on them – thereby, their crops grow biologically attractive as food, so they get all kinds of pests and diseases!

I repeat: “There are no barren soils, only barren minds.”

Ms Gozum says, “Davide's work provides farmers with an alternative to chemical pesticides and helps empower farmers by 'equipping them with scientific knowledge'.” Mr Davide’s professional work was much research for the biological control of nematode pests – and thus he is known as the “Father of Plant Nematology.”

But his statement “There are no barren soils, only barren minds” also strikes me differently; and so I say:

Farmer: If you think you have an infertile soil, think again! With the “magic” of my technique with the rotavator, any rotavator, you will know that you have only an infertile mind, but not an infertile soil!

That is why I came up with my Saturday challenge to former PhilRice Director Santiago R Obien (SRO) and PhilRice Los Baños Station for us to conduct a techno-demo on my innovative technique of using the rotavator, any rotavator for that matter, so that: The cultivation will automatically, yes, automatically produce organic matter!

Rotavating to produce automatically mixed pieces of soil and plant matter that will decay and act exactly like an organic fertilizer is not mentioned by any of the many manufacturers of rotavators or rotary tillers the world over. This one has been mentioned by me once, twice, many times over the years – because I was the one who intuited-discovered the process.

In “IRRI, PhilRice, The Rotavator & Lorenzo’s Secret” (27 April 2020, iTHINK! Journalism, blogspot.com), I wrote:

I have a 55-year direct experience with the Howard rotavator in my hometown Asingan in eastern Pangasinan. That 1965, I was instructing the driver of the big tractor not to set the blades to any depth but just drive through the field… My brother-in-law Lorenzo Casasus, was there at that time; in later years he copied the shallow cultivation with his Kuliglig hand tractor and rototiller. The results? His neighbors could not match his yields even if they tried to copy all his methods – he did not tell them about the “magic” that his rototiller was doing.

Like Filipino National Scientist Romulo Davide says, “There are no barren soils, only barren minds!”@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...