16 April 2024

Here’s How To Enjoy Being An Artist, Or Being One Of Your Choice

 "World Art Day” or “World Artists Day”? – if you cannot tell the difference, you are (not yet) a good artist! Yesterday, 15 April, had been declared “World Art Day.” Wikipedia says (en.wikipedia.org):

World Art Day is an international celebration of the fine arts which was declared by the International Association of Art (IAA) in order to promote awareness of creative activity worldwide.

Ha! “Art” is not simply “Fine Art” whatever that means – Art is art! And it should ennoble mankind, all of it. I am a teacher; teaching is an art, and it should be ennobled too!

It is wrong to limit “World Art Day” to the fine arts. And that is why I have a long list of the arts (see my earlier essay, “Artists Of The World, Unite! We Have Nothing To Lose But Our Chains!” (16 April 2024, “Communication For The Development Of Vibrant Villages,” blogspot.com).

The point is: Most of our artists produce negative art. And they expect to produce positive results!

We need “artists for a better world” as has been said by a group of “artists working to make a difference” (artistsforabetterworld):

As an artist, you probably had a reason for choosing a most challenging path. Maybe it was to put more beauty into the world. Or perhaps, you had songs that needed to be sung. Words that needed to be written, read, spoken. Dances that needed to be danced. Art that needed to be broadcast far and wide. Whatever your purpose, it probably included the idea of using your art to make a better world.

Teaching is an art. As a teacher myself, I urge all teachers to produce artists among the learners. Filipinos are very critical people. At the very least, I urge teachers to teach each learner to think creatively, not merely think critically!

I repeat here my list of who are the artists of society (from my previous article, mentioned above): “Article writer, blogger, book writer, essayist, exhibit maker, filmmaker, piano player, placard maker, poet, singer, songwriter etc.” I cannot emphasize enough that not only those who engage in fine arts are “artists” – that is quite a limited concept!

Blogging is an art form – it has been my art in the last 24 years.

As a blogger myself, I urge all bloggers to think through their articles and come up with positives, which they openly discuss – while they do not openly cuss the negatives!

I a teacher am an artist, or should be. I should try to inspire to bring out the best in my students, always.

There are many columnists and article writers in media, and magazines – and most are artists writing with a bad mood – mostly, they write to contradict, not point out where one has gone astray or something.

For instance, if you promise a PhP 20/kilo of rice, to be a good artist, you should point out where you are coming from: Vision, Mission, Strategy! If you prefer to be a good politician but a bad artist, that’s your choice!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...