12 January 2024

How Do You Teach Children To Become Wonder Kids? You Don’t Teach – Instead, You Help Discover Their Hidden Talents!

You are looking at a mind-opening and mouth-watering artworks on each can of Rebisco Biscuits. My wife, Amparo Reynoso Hilario, shares on Facebook 30 Dec 2023, referring to our son, the artist Paul Hilario, commissioned by Rebisco, to add/announce biscuit quality. Now then, to borrow from Shakespeare’s “The Merchant Of Venice,” Act 4, Scene 1 – “The quality of merry is not strained / It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven!” Here is art selling food – and itself.

(“Art is” from parkwestgallery.com/)

My wife says:

I can’t help but imagine your late Lolo Gabriel and Lola Meding beaming with joy and pride at their apo’s milestone in his chosen profession.

We thank the Lord for this gift.

In an earlier Facebook post, our son Paul shares about his Rebisco-commissioned artwork:

AND THEY'RE OUT!!!

Get your Rebisco Designer Cans featuring my art.

In April this year, I was contacted by Rebisco to create art for their Designer Cans. As an anniversary year (60th), I was asked by Rebisco to focus on the theme of "Saya ng Pagsasama, Sarap ng Bukas". I focused on family through the years. I started with "Oyayi" - a young couple with a young son and a newborn being sung a lullaby. Second, I made the same family, now older, with an additional kid – a young girl, all enjoying watching a game of "Basketbol" on TV.  And lastly, the same couple, now older, with their "Peyborit" granddaughter at the bus station. This last one had a double meaning in it.

As far as I can see, this time, Rebisco has reinvented the marketing of healthy foods; now I say, “Art For Heart’s Sake.” With its mix of tasty biscuits, Rebisco’s Designer Cans is for appreciating art with food. Double delight!

Well, this 83-year old father of 13, and grandfather of 17 (?), is telling you Rebisco’s biscuits, of several types and cuts, are delicious and good for the young, not to mention the old mouths.

I go back to my title: “How Do You Teach Children To Become Wonder Kids? You Don’t Teach – Instead, You Help Discover Their Hidden Talent!” With our son Paul, this is what happened:

When Paul was young, my wife noticed that he was very fond of “painting” the walls of our rented apartment with his artwork. (I did not notice – mother knows best!) She enrolled our son in a nearby summer art class, and that was the beginning of all that.

The lesson there is: You have to watch your child’s curiosity because that is where the hidden talent is. Among Harvard professor Howard Gardner’s 9 multiple intelligences (MI), our son had the flair for painting. Before teachers, parents have to watch out for their children’s passion that more or less indicates their hidden talents.

German romantic writer Jean Paul says, “You prove your worth with your actions, not with your mouth.” With Rebisco Designer Cans and the delightful biscuits, I say, “You prove your worth with other people’s mouths!”@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...