02 June 2021

Metro Manila Sweltering At 45 ºC – Oh, The Green, Green Grass Of Home!

Susan Gomez on Facebook shares today, Monday, 31 May 2021, the upper image that says, “Heat Index (ºC) 45 Danger.” Measured at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport 12:00 noon today. That’s an indication of how hot it is all over Metro Manila right now.

Yes, I am disturbed with that 45 ºC! I take it that this is Climate Change staring us in the face. And what can we do about it? This is something to worry about immediately – but better, something for which to do something cool!

The lower image is my photograph of a wide green field with many yellow flowers, their line pointing to the cool mountain beyond – Mt Makiling. That photograph I took on my birthday, 17 September 2010, at 6 AM, the day I became a septuagenarian, thank you Lord. Angel Number says, “The number 70 signifies inner wisdom, intuitiveness, potential, analysis, spirituality and introspection[1] (Angelnumber.org). Thank you, Angel Number! Now that I need to interpret the scene, this is what I see:

This almost 11-year old scene is all suggestive of what we ought to do starting today – Paint The Town Green!

Where the Hilarios live, near that scene, we have been greening what we will over the years, about 30 years. Except that we do not have a lot of yard, only flower pots and the next lot, small, not ours, that has been waiting for a buyer for years. My wife Ampy has the Green Thumb (a trowel is her instrument, and she grows bananas mostly), while I am the Black Thumb (the PC keyboard is my instrument, and I grow stories mostly).

So, let’s have all those urban gardens we can put up! Around buildings, on top of structures, in greenhouses, out there in vacant lots. All those leaves will give us all that cool air.

Today, we have to begin to learn to love colors: red, white, blue, yellow, indigo, violet and other colors of ornamental plants, vegetables and trees in gardens/non-gardens – and more for the color green for more cool air. While 45 ºC may not last long to cause much harm to people in the city, it is a reason for action. The climate is changing not yet before our very eyes, but today around our bodies.

What can we do to mitigate more of the heat that is sure to be coming whether sooner or later? Let me be The Boy Who Cried Wolf in these modern times. In the cities, we must turn all vacant spaces into green! And the sooner the better.

No, we must not leave any vacant space empty of a vine, flowering plant, vegetable, even a seedling that is growing to be a tree. We have to make little or big gardens of all vacant spaces around buildings, no exceptions. We could ask the schoolchildren to help – and I am sure they would all enjoy the assignments.

Let us all be Green Warriors, not Grim Worriers. And let us begin to do it now!@517



[1]https://angelnumber.org/70-angel-number-meaning-and-symbolism/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...