04 June 2019

The Fastest List In The World!

This repeated list of 5 has been conjured today, Tuesday, 04 June  2019, in a matter of 40 minutes or so. Just the list. Now I'm going to time myself writing a 517-word essay on it. It's 18:00 as I start, the time including the listing, writing, and the editing. Except deciding on the illustrative image, done writing: 18:50. Rereading the entirety for errors: 10 minutes. Total of 1 hour. (image from Stephen Aedy's Online Income Teacher, onlineincometeacher.com)

The Fastest Editor In The World
I have been editing the writings of others, not to mention my own, in the last 44 years, starting when I became Editor in Chief of the Forest Research Institute, FORI, on 16 April 1975. I founded and edited the FORI 3: monthly newsletter Canopy,  quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat. That was the experience of a lifetime. I was happy being Editor in Chief of those publications.

The Fastest Science Writer In The World
The speed writing started at FORI, with those publications. Actually, there were no other writers in FORI at that time, so I wrote for those scientists. I asked for their research or trip reports, and I produced a semi-technical writeup based on the materials. I had always been a writer since Grade 5 when I noticed I was writing excellent "Themes."

The Fastest Coffee-Table Book Producer In The World
I didn't plan to be a coffee-table book producer, but Executive Director Jovita Corpuz of the Agricultural Credit Policy Council, ACPC, commissioned me to do the book to celebrate the Silver Anniversary of ACPC. Like me, she is an alumnus of UP Los Baños; she must have asked around. The timetable was 2 months. All she asked was, "Can you do it?" I said, "Yes!" And I did it. all 150 pages of it, 8.5" by 11" trim size. About 50% of the book comprised photographs by me from my ACPC trips to parts of Luzon and the Visayas. That was 2012. Total budget: P1 million.

The Fastest Photographer In The World
When I accepted the ACPC job, I already had years and years of amateur photography behind me. I studied my photography, learning from the masters of painting – composition, perspective, shadows. That's why I bought a Lumix FZ100 digital superzoom camera because I did not have to worry about ASA, lighting, focus, and number of shots – shoot with all your might. There are no films to scrimp on anymore!

Learn From The Best Learner In The World
Note that I taught myself editing, creative writing, coffee-table book producing, and photography. Not surprised, because I studied to be a teacher – why couldn't I teach myself?

I.         The Fastest Editor In The World
(1)   Experience – 44 years
(2)   Expertise – word processing 
(3)   Experience – creative writing
(4)   Experience – outlining & organizing
(5)   English master – since high school, mastery of the language

II.      The Fastest Science Writer In The World
(1)   Fastest typist
(2)   Fastest thinker
(3)   Fastest organizer
(4)   Fastest writer
(5)   Fastest rewriter

III.    The Fastest Coffee-Table Book Producer In The World
(1)   Writing
(2)   Editing
(3)   Photography
(4)   Desktop publishing
(5)   Revising

IV.   The Fastest Photographer In The World  
(1)   Buy a digital superzoom camera
(2)   Learn from the master painters (not master photographers)
(3)   Shoot early mornings
(4)   Take unlimited number of shots
(5)   Use an app for drama

V.     Learn From The Best Learner In The World
(1)   English Grade 1
(2)   English grammar – Harry Shefter, Shortcuts To Effective English
(3)   Brainstorming – Edward de Bono & his pO
(4)   Editing – repetitive
(5)   DTP – self-taught, very patient with himself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...