11 October 2021

There Must Be A Song You Can Sing, Or Listen To!

There is a song in our heart we may have forgotten. 
(Elvis Presley image[1] from Discogs)

I woke up at about 1 this morning, Monday, 11 October 2021, singing. Silently. The song in my heart? It begins with the words, “Wise men, say…” Yes, I can sing. A little like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Vic Damone, or Elvis Presley. Yes, I’m 81 years old; I just celebrated my birthday on the Stigmata of St Francis, September 17. I must not forget to thank God for all those years, a great many learning if not earning years.

Like I said, I woke up from a dream. In the dream, I knew I was a member of a cooperative, and I was visiting a place to see if we could convert it and earn some money for the coop. I opened a door and saw an empty room, maybe 20 by 20 meters, anyway wide enough to accommodate 100 people seated. A learning place, an earning place.

I woke up singing. The song lingers; now I’m going to sing it to you in full, I mean what I remember in my heart:

Wise men say, “Only fools rush in.”
But I can’t help, falling in love with you.
Like the river flow, surely to the sea
Darling, so in love, things were meant to be.

Shall I stay, would it be a sin?
But I can’t help falling in love with you.
So take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can’t help, falling in love with you.
For I can’t help, falling in love with you.
For I can’t help, falling in love with you!

Those are the words I remember and can sing right now.

I know they are not the complete lyrics, so thank God we have the Internet, and so I google for “can’t help falling in love,” and find the complete song here at AZLyrics[2]:

Can’t Help Falling In Love

Wise men say
“Only fools rush in”
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you.

Yes, I can sing. I have a deep voice that the girls can swoon to. Some 60 years ago, nights, I went around with the guys at our village in Sanchez, Asingan, Pangasinan, serenading girls newly arrived visiting some friends or relatives.

Yes, there is a song in your heart you may have forgotten. There must be a song you can sing, or listen to!@517



[1]https://www.discogs.com/release/10463386-Elvis-Presley-With-A-Song-In-My-Heart-The-Frankie-And-Johnny-Sessions-Volume-1
[2]https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/elvispresley/canthelpfallinginlove.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...