10 August 2021

TIT for TAT: Follow Teaching Inspired Thinking, Forget Teaching Analytic Thinking!

TIT for TAT: Teaching Inspired Thinking, forgetting Teaching Analytic Thinking. I mean, it’s time to start teaching people how to think for themselves and stop teaching them what is critical thinking at the beginning of each lesson.

TIT for TAT. That is the title of this new blog of mine. By “Follow Teaching Inspired Thinking, Forget Teaching Analytic Thinking!” I mean in all schools always teach creative thinking and ignore critical thinking. Students already are critical thinkers. It is not that the science taught is wrong but that if you want to teach thinking, it must be TIT for TAT!

Actually, at all levels of Education since time immemorial, even without us teachers realizing it, the approved approach has always been teaching critical thinking, notteaching creative thinking. That explains why we have millions of critics on thousands of subject matters, but hardly any creatives in thought and philosophy, political or non-political.

What credentials do I have to teach inspired thinking? I passed the very first Civil Service Teacher’s Exam, given in 1964, 80.5%. In Pangasinan, in the Entrance Exam for Teachers, I was #2 with 90.5% – #1 with 90.6%. I was a college instructor at the UP College of Agriculture (now UP Los Baños) and Xavier University College of Agriculture in Cagayan De Oro City. I am a self-taught writer and editor, print and digital; I have blogged thousands of well-organized essays since 2005.

Talk about control. Talk about creativity. Now I will tell you why I chose the multi-image image above: in one word, perspective. Creativity is the ability to take different perspectives at once, at will.

With my Lumix FZ100 digital camera, I took the above image of my PC setup on my external ViewSonic20-inch monitor 21 April 2018, separate individual images in an inadvertent collage with date by my Windows 10 64-bit system.

For the last year or so, I have been meaning to write this, but it was only when I saw 08 August 2021 on Facebook the 1,660-word Sponsorship Speech dated 17 May 2021 of Senator Win Gatchalian of his proposed “Teacher Education Excellence Act” that I decided to act. The trigger was that I disagreed!

Mr Gatchalian begins with these words:

Mr President, distinguished colleagues, the most important factor in education is the teacher. Schools are only as good or as bad as their teachers.

”The most important factor in education is the teacher.” No, Mr Gatchalian. The most important factor is The Philosophy Behind Education. And I say the philosophy must be: Teaching Inspired Thinking, forgetting Teaching Analytic Thinking! From Grade School to University.

Whatever curriculum, the method must be the same: TIT for TAT. And with that, any subject becomes interesting, nay intriguing, at any level. The learner is now knocking at the door of creativity!

Even in teaching farmers, do not instruct; instead, teach inspired thinking.

You see? Teaching inspired thinking makes education more interesting – and more educational!

The Head of the Teacher is The Teacher – The Best Teacher Teaches Inspired Thinking! Think about that.@517

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...