30 March 2020

PAJacks – Now Is The Time For All PH Agricultural Journalists To Come To The Aid Of Their Country! As Bloggers


Image from Impromptu Publishing[1]):

“Blogger vs Journalist” – Is that an intelligent assertion?

Never mind the nationality, fashion and swagger: What do you think?

My opinion: “Versus” (vs) reflects a huge misunderstanding of the roles of bloggers compared to journalists in modern society.

I am a 15-year veteran blogger in the Philippines, 13 of those years in the Science of Agriculture and related fields, so I know that in The Digital Age, there should no longer be a difference between journalist and blogger.

I am introducing a new, free blog. I am inviting you to submit your articles, 500 words long, to PAJacks for publishing. (Until we get sponsors, your byline will be your reward.)

Whatever the controversy, I ask of you only one thing:

Study the “New Thinking for Agriculture” of Secretary of Agriculture William Dar/Manong Willie,that is expressed in 8 paradigms:

(1)   Modernization
(2)   Industrialization
(3)   Promotion of exports
(4)   Consolidation of small- and medium-sized farms
(5)   Infrastructure development
(6)   Higher budget & investment
(7)   Legislative support
(8)   Roadmap development.

I am calling on registered members of the Philippine Agricultural Journalists, PAJ, which is 42 years old if I remember right. Especially those who have won any of the many Binhi Awards in those 4 decades, where binhi means seeds.

I have already called the journalism I have in mind Investigative Development Journalism(read my essay, “Investigative Journalism Must Be A Journalism Of Humanity – And That Includes The Farmers[2]!” 10 March 2020, Frank H, The Blogfather). As of now, all those who practice what is called Investigative Journalism invariably come up with negative stories.

In this new blog to which I am inviting you to submit your news-views, not more than 500 words, to be practical, so that you will not have any conflict with your “Mother” Media, I am advocating for PAJacks what I call:

Truth-Think Journalism

For which you do not have to go to school, you do not have to memorize anything except these:

True?
You must dig the facts, and non-facts, to determine whether what is being claimed did happen or is accurate. That means you have to countercheck with other sources or media.

Helpful?
Since you are writing for the New PH Agriculture under Manong Willie, you must personally determine whether your news will help advance the interests of farmers and fishers in the country – without trampling on the rights of others. It must be investigative journalism that is pointed to the good of all, especially the poor.

Inspiring?
Always, your piece must strive to serve as inspiration, not a signal for desperation. We have enough negative news already!

Necessary?
When you encounter negative news, you will have to decide whether it is necessary to disseminate it or not.

Kind?
Your articles must always, always be kind to most people, if not to everyone.

Finally, I am also inviting non-PAJ members to join this blogging platform. I will be your Editor In Chief, gratis et amore.@517






[1] http://www.impromptupublishing.com
[2] https://frankhtheblogfather.blogspot.com/2020/03/investigative-journalism-must-be_10.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...