10 January 2020

My Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop And The Importance Of Being Earnest


You are looking at my photograph of my own 14-inch Lenovo ThinkPad touchscreen laptop, taken 1532 hours Wednesday,  25 April 2018, 21 months ago. The photograph is hazy, reflecting the reality now. I'm missing it this minute because it crashed the other day – meaning Windows 10 won't open and Microsoft Office won't open anymore. So, I brought it to the computer shop yesterday to reformat it with new copies of expensive Windows 10 and Microsoft Office. No substitute for the best. The technician said he also had to check the hard disk; will text.

So now I'm using a very old & slow Lenovo notebook, running on Windows 7 (not 8). This Lenovo netbook is what I graduated from when I bought my Lenovo ThinkPad in 13 September 2013, my early birthday gift to myself. That was P33K, a king's ransom in these parts, but I could afford it because I had a handsome dollars professional fee from the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, ICRISAT. I was then an international consulting writer for ICRISAT; Secretary of Agriculture William Dar/Manong Willie was then Director General of that institute based in India.

Yes, while I'm having some difficulty with this tiny Lenovo, I have always been enjoying writing for Manong Willie and his innovative ideas – he is an extraordinary science manager, being a Servant Leader and an inspirational achiever. When he became Secretary of Agriculture in August 2019, he was ready with his "Eight Paradigms" for the "New Thinking For Agriculture," and I came up happily with a book titled In Paradigms Lost, In Paradigms Regained to support it (email me for a free ecopy: frankahilario@gmail.com).

I love playing with words, just like my favorite wit Oscar Wilde does. He is the author of the play whose first part of the title I used above: "The Importance Of Being Earnest: A Trivial Comedy For Serious People[1]." This play is "a farcical comedy in which the protagonists maintain fictitious personae to escape burdensome social obligations." I am always earnest but I don't maintain a fictitious personae. I write in the personal pronoun because I do not wish "to escape burdensome social obligations" – what I write is what I believe in.

Yes, I believe in the new PH Agriculture being espoused by Manong Willie. If you will note, the blog where you are reading this now borrows from Manong Willie's "Eight Paradigms" and is called iParadigms Shifts – to signify that we all need to change our perspectives, shirk old PH Agriculture and shift to the new. (Metaphor: While I'm using this old Lenovo, I am waiting for funds to buy a new one.)

In the above image, in the middle, someone is like "going into the unknown" – actually he's walking into a smoke-filled side street.  I think this image more or less portrays the state of PH Agriculture right now – we know what we want, but we have to be ready to boldly tackle the unknowns.

You can be sure I'm with you all the way!@517


[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Importance_of_Being_Earnest



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinoy Media 7 – You Mind Duterte, Guo, Quiboloy Etc, But You Don’t Mind The 3 Million Poor Filipino Farmers!

Today, 7 AM Saturday, 28 Sept 2024, I google as follows: news "alice guo" news "sara duterte" news “quiboloy” and I ...